A New Way to Approach Measurement Strategy
‘Tis the season for renewed strategy here at Koch Communications. Our area of focus? Measurement at its finest. Our commitment to clients to offer first class insight, recommendations and future-oriented strategy has found its footing – we’re ramping up for 2018 with a brand-new analytics approach.
- For our current clients, this fresh style will help bring new perspectives to marketing data. We’ll shorten and simplify digital reporting and provide opportunities to layer in additional data related to ROI with a summarized and actionable look at the metrics most needed for our clients to make better decisions.
- As we onboard new clients, or begin new major initiatives with current clients, the process will involve the collection of requirements and an opportunity to provide detailed feedback and consultation on how to format reporting. We will ensure reports meet data needs and reports will meet your data needs and set proper benchmarks for evaluating performance.
A METHODICAL APPROACH TO REPORT DESIGN: HOW WE GET THERE
We conduct interview-style requirements gathering meetings to get the lay of the land through discussion with strategic partners and client stakeholders. This helps us understand where we have been benchmarking success and what makes sense in the future. The goal of these discussions is to establish KPIs (key performance indicators) used to frame the reports.
Once we’ve gathered and documented requirements, we begin designing your reporting dashboards through a collaborative, brain-storm-style discussion. First, we draw out a desired visual and metrics, then we build it out in our reporting system. Our dashboard design should accomplish a few things:
- Summarize performance against major goals and milestones related to the current reporting period.
- Highlight ROI (return on investment) within our channels and provide insight related to return across your entire digital marketing landscape.
- Outlay the channel-specific performance using metrics relevant to the various contracted platforms (social, email, website, SEM, PR, etc.).
- Design a customized report which captures requirements from steps 1-3 through an innovative and methodical approach to creating data visualizations that make sense for you.
- Summarize findings to formulate actionable, goal-related recommendations.
It’s that simple. Okay, it’s really not at all a simple process on our side, but the results should be clear, concise and actionable making it simple for you to make decisions.
We understand the beauty of a digital environment means everything is measureable, yet it’s not always manageable. It’s a tall order to understand what to measure, how often to check and how to draw conclusions from your information. Additionally, it can be difficult to bring all data points (online and offline) together to paint the larger picture of your marketing landscape.
We aim to solve these complex, if not standard conundrums that marketing analysts are tasked with simplifying through this process. We’re calling all nerds to the table with this one – analytics can be for everyone when your individual information needs are properly met.
When you get your reporting right, the rest often falls into place and no one knows this better than our analytics team. If you’re not already, we hope you jump on board to help us solve, quantify, and analyze your every marketing move.