ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, PR
Under immediate supervision of the Account Director, the Account Executive, PR provides public relations expertise and execution for the client services team. This position develops and executes strategic public relations, media relations and crisis communication initiatives, such as writing news releases, pitching stories, developing internal communications messaging, etc. The Account Executive, PR will work with internal team members and departments to ensure all PR-related projects are high-quality and hit deadlines. This position works closely with the client services team to develop and execute comprehensive campaigns, but also operates in an independent manner, thinking ahead, anticipating and solving problems on the fly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all public relations initiatives for the client services team, executing public relations and related strategies and tactics for designated accounts, and ensuring high customer satisfaction and results
• Support the Account Director and/or Account Manager in developing tactics for communications campaigns for client accounts
• Coordinate all public relations activities for designated accounts
• Leverage existing business and media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry to support public relations and media relations initiatives
• Identify, pitch and follow-up with media opportunities
• Manage media inquiries and interview requests
• Create content for news releases, byline articles, keynote presentations, talking points, opinion editorials, surveys, media statements, internal communications messaging and other content as directed by the client’s overarching communications strategy
• Develop media tour schedules, appointments and secure meetings at trade shows
• Coordinate and attend media interviews with client, as needed
• Develop clients’ media relations strategies, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
• Evaluate clients’ opportunities for partnerships that increase positive public awareness and/or drive additional media opportunities
• Actively participate and in some instances run weekly/bi-weekly client calls and PR check-ins
• Keep abreast of each client’s industry, competition and coverage
• Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis, using media monitoring tools as well as additional available resources
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and clients
• Maintain keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
• Collaborate with client team and internal departments on integrated campaigns
• Performs other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to execute on strategic initiatives to ensure client accounts run smoothly and effectively
• Lead by example by setting professional standards that adhere to the Koch Comm core and company values
• Effective project management skills with proven ability to work with various groups to reach a common goal
• Excellent communications and writing skills
• Ability to think and act strategically, anticipating and creatively/diplomatically solving problems
• Ability to successfully multi-task
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and with a sense of urgency
• Effective collaboration skills and a strong respect for a team environment
• Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, social media tools and techniques on a business level is a plus
• Advanced knowledge of public relations principles and strategies and media sources and their capabilities
• Proper English usage (including grammar and composition), accepted styles for materials released to media, including Associated Press formats
• Ability to review analytics and provide insights and recommendations
• Ability to understand metrics and ROI analysis is a plus
• Knowledge and experience with tools used to execute public relations initiatives is preferred
• Fundamental knowledge of SEO, SEM and content/email marketing, marketing automation, and fundamental web development project knowledge is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, advertising, mass communications, English or a related field, plus 3-5 years of professional experience in digital marketing, public relations and/or journalism, advertising or online marketing is preferred.
Must be willing to travel regional/in-state 20% of the time. Must pass a background check and have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
COMPANY GENERAL POLICY & PROCEDURE
Attendance: Is punctual and present. Will request time off in accordance with policy and follow call-in procedures when unable to work as scheduled.
The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competence of the employee in performing his or her job duties will be demonstrated, maintained and improved on an ongoing basis.
The statements contained in this position description reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Commensurate with experience
Having trouble with the form? Email us your resume.